Website Sabre88 LLC
Sabre88 is a consulting firm with a proven track record of serving high-level civilian and defense clients in the United States government. Sabre88 is committed to providing its government clientele with customer focused, out-of-the-box strategic solutions.
Sabre88 has a need for an “on-call” Administrative Assistant (preferably with FOIA Experience) to provide high quality, timely, reliable, dependable, responsive, courteous, professional, and customer-oriented information resources and administrative support services.
“On-Call” Administrative Assistant (preferably with FOIA – Freedom of Information Act experience):
Candidate shall coordinate the preparation of responses to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, including, but not limited to, focus the request through interactions with appropriate staff; obtain, from the staff estimates of the search effort, required and volume of material that is responsive to the request; assist the staff in locating and identifying records responsive to the request; review records proposed to be released for potential withhold-able material; and assure the proper marking of records identified to be denied in whole or in part.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- HS degree or equivalent; at least 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Organizational skills such as, basic knowledge of filing systems, ability to work accurately, and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with Federal Freedom of Information Act requirements, knowledge and understanding of FOIA policies and procedures. Accurately log information about each request into the appropriate FOIA tracking/logging systems in a timely manner.
- Draft acknowledgement letters for incoming FOIA requests using standard agency formats and prepare them for signature and mailing.
- Prepare and send search requests as advised by FOIA Officer.
- Review all documentation to determine what additional documents must be gathered.
- Track and follow-up on open requests.
- Respond to inquiries from external and internal customers.
- As directed by FOIA Officer and following guidance provided in the legal review, assists with making redactions necessary to all documents involving FOIA processing and/or appeals.
- Draft the agency’s response to FOIA requests and appeals, utilizing DOI standard language, and prepare them for signature and mailing.
- Close out requests in the appropriate FOIA Tracking/logging systems
- Must clear federal background and reference checks.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your employment with Sabre88 is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or [company name] at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in these policies shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Sabre88 employees.
This policy of employment-at-will may not be modified by any officer or employee and shall not be modified in any publication or document. The only exception to this policy is a written employment agreement approved at the discretion of the CEO.
These personnel policies are not intended to be a contract of employment or a legal document.
FOIA Experience preferred
Federal Clearance Background check required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org